Happy Memorial Day from Fred Haas Toyota Country. We wanted to say a special thank you to all that have served our country, for all the sacrifices that have been made for all the citizens in America. We wouldn’t be able to celebrate this day without you!
How will you be celebrating today? We have a few recipes that would be great for all the grillers out there. Here are some easy recipes that can be thrown on the grill in aluminum foil. Jerk chicken wings, zucchini, and bacon wrapped corn on the cob. We hope that you all have a safe Memorial Day and enjoy the day off!
Bacon wrapped corn on the cob: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/bacon-wrapped-grilled-corn-on-the-cob-recipe/index.html
Don’t forget to practice safe grilling today!
1. Gas grilling should be done outside the home at least 10 feet away from the house.
2. Check all connections for leaks by turning on the cylinder valve and spraying the connections with a solution made by mixing equal amounts of liquid dish soap and water. If bubbles appear, those connections need to be tightened or replaced.
3. Keep the grill away from heavy foot traffic. It’s also highly recommended to keep children, pets and outdoor games like football away from the grill.
4. Always place lighters and matches away from the grill and children.
5. Wear fitted clothing. While you may be warm, you’re safest when wearing long-sleeved shirts, long pants and closed shoes.
6. Never leave a lit grill unattended.
7. Before you put anything on the grill, get the grill hot and scrub it of any residue with a clean wire-bristled brush.
8. Use long-handed tools to avoid leaning over the grill when flipping over burgers and other meats.
9. Create separate areas on the grill for raw meat and cooked foods to prevent cross-contamination.
10. Invest in an instant-read thermometer: Making sure meat and poultry are cooked to the proper temperatures is vital. Check out our Meat and Poultry Temperature Guide.
Tips and recipes via the Food Network